View Single Post
Unread 18-10-2016, 08:17   #292
James Howard
Really Really Regluar Poster

Default More Leap card madness

Yesterday I had to go to Clontarf Road which isn't covered by the point-to-point on my Leapcard. Since I can't tag on in Edgeworthstown I went to barrier in Connolly and asked the guy there what I should do. He first suggested that the simplest thing to do would be to buy a ticket but when I explained that I had an epurse balance on it, he said to go through the barrier without tagging off and just tag on on the other side.

So I did this, and as far as the system was concerned my journey originated in Connolly. During this faff I missed a DART so this all delayed me 15 minutes but no worries as I wasn't in a hurry.

Anyway, when I tagged off in Clontarf road, I got charged the maximum fare so it would basically appear that the system is not set up to allow the use of the ePurse from one of the stations on your point-to-point. I rang leap this morning to sort it out and she refunded the money and suggested that I just not bother tagging on and explain my situation to any ticket checkers I met which seems to be setting me up for a hundred euro fine. Of course when I got to Clontarf road the barrier was open and I could have saved myself 15 minutes and a 10 minute 1890 phone call if I'd just dodged my fare.

Anyway, it would appear that the epurse on my leap card is basically useless for local rail travel in Dublin.
James Howard is offline   Reply With Quote