View Single Post
Unread 12-01-2007, 22:04   #1
Derek Wheeler

Default Northern line (Dublin) 2007 timetable issues

Below is a complaint received by P11 in relation to the Drogheda commuter line. I think it poses some interesting points.

Quote:
While there is a welcome improvement with one extra train in the morning and now all trains stop at all stations in the morning rush hour I am extremely mad about the unfair and unjustifiable bias towards Skerries, Balbriggan and Laytown for trains from town. Three extra trains between 17.13 and 20.25 from town serve these stations and not Rush & Lusk (or Donabate for that matter). During this period, Rush & Lusk gets five arrivals from town while Skerries gets eight. We see these trains as we wait at the stations and while there is no doubt that they are busy trains they have ample standing room while we are left to take trains that are so packed that would not pass for conditions of transporting livestock under EU law. Is this fair? What is this bias based on?

Some facts that you may find interesting from the CSO web sit and the results of the 2006 census.

• Skerries has a population of 8173.
• Laytown/Julianstown has a population of 8201.
• Rush (8293) and lusk (7017) has a population of 15,308.
• With a population 100% lager then the other two stations during peak hours the Rush and Lusk station receives only 60% of the trains that stop at the other stations.

How can this crazy situation continue? Demographics have greatly changed in the North County over the past ten years and while skerries was historically bigger this is no longer the case.

Many people feel the same as I do and I hope you maybe able to help the people of Rush and Lusk get the service they deserve not the current disservice we receive.
Derek Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote