Thread: Lusk station
View Single Post
Unread 17-05-2007, 09:11   #13
Colm Donoghue
Really Regular Poster

Tom Morrissey, had a shuttle minibus alright. It blocked the exit from the Lusk side car park on Monday both times I was using it on Monday.
The Pd's have been in govt since 99, yet only now ten days before the general election has this happened. I sincerely hope nobody thinks it's anything other than a stunt.

There's DB bus stops close to the station entrances ( ~150m) on the Lusk side and right at the Rush side entrance. DB services in the mornings from Rush seem fine to bring people to the station and probably from Lusk too. It's the evening time when (like everywhere) the bus network gets screwed up.

A Local bus service (33T (for Train, geddit)) running a dogbone shape service between Rush and Lusk should be a goer. Combined population is over 14000.

Rush is fairly sprawling low density - loads of houses have large ~half acre gardens while others have vegetable plots or glasshouses instead ( still ~half acres). Most of the new housing is in the North and extreme East of the town but I'm not sure how to do a loop for a bus route to maximize catchment here.

In Lusk the bus route should go through the three new estates, Lusk Village estate (not sure how feasible or welcome it would be - can use bypass) down main st and Dublin road and through Chapel farm to Dun Emer along the distributer road and loop back.

Whoever runs the bus, It shouldn't cost any more than the existing bus/rail ticket I have. i.e. if Not Dublin bus run the service, a short hop bus/rail ticket should still cover the service.

Last edited by Colm Donoghue : 17-05-2007 at 09:18. Reason: added need for integrated ticketing
Colm Donoghue is offline   Reply With Quote