View Single Post
Unread 26-04-2008, 18:27   #1
andyl222
Regular Poster

Default Obnoxious ticket vendor in Maynooth...

Last sunday I was running to get the 11.36 into dublin connolly. I was with my brother, it was around 11.32 and I only had a 20 euro note to get my ticket withg. I went to the ticket desk and couldn't see anyone there, so I called out 'excuse me' and then knocked on the ticket tray hoping to rouse the attention of anyone that could sell me a ticket. After a minute, the ticket vendor comes from the back of the office and asks me why i was 'knocking on the ****ing glass?". I just asked for the 2 train tickets, and he kept on, saying 'don't you knock on that ****ing glass, go over there and knock on the machines all ya ****ing like but don't bang on the glass'. I said I was in a rush and simply wanted to get someones attention, and had actually knocked on the metal coin tray to which he replied, 'if I catch you knocking on that glass again I'll knock on your ****ing face!'. I told him that was wonderful customer service and said I'd complain, he just got up and went to the back of the office. Has anyone else encountered this blatant lack of respect and courtesy from other IE staff? The ticket vendor in question has in previous instances refused to sell me a ticket and told me just to use the machines, I point blank refused,because again I only had a 20 euro note,, as far as i'm aware I don't have to use the machines if I don't want.....
andyl222 is offline   Reply With Quote