View Single Post
Unread 14-04-2015, 10:07   #26
berneyarms
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie2k9 View Post
So far blocking accrss to cliff side platform from station entance (boarding area) to end of extended platform. There is a gate to access central cabin. I forgot to look right when boarding to see how far they go down or planned to.

Correct in saying P6 is the second bay? Not sure how useful it is, very short with no room to extend. The only use may be parking trains and using it for 07.20 to Limerick J.

If it is purly a signilling issues the surly it would of made much more sense to re open the main platform and allow more than one train like they do in Heuston?

My real problem is IE are saying nothing on the issue!
Presumably the installation of railings there is more of a safety issue and one that is affordable, until funding can be found to carry out the necessary works to facilitate the use of the main platform for passenger services again.

I'm not sure the main platform could be reopened to passenger use without putting in some form of barrier such as a retaining wall between the cliff face and the railway to stop incursions in the event of any further rock falls. That would presumably cost more money than railings on a platform.
berneyarms is offline   Reply With Quote