View Single Post
Unread 10-12-2008, 22:57   #7
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

I do recall mentioning Docklands when discussing the whole issue of the provision of special services. It does make a lot of sense, but only for Maynooth

In the past there have been crazy situations where concerts have ended 20-30 minutes later than planned such that the extra services or indeed the normal scheduled services had already left

We have all experienced the random holding of trains causing serious delays to existing daily passengers who suddenly find they are forced to wait since the concert went on too long.

The intercity division has definitely got its business hat on, and we seeing a clear pattern of extra trains for concerts and big matches

Like I said there are two parties involved here, Irish Rail need to get the business hat on but for it to work they have to rely on the concert promoters to give commitments as to the end time of the concert and some other matters. I know of one thing Irish Rail tried which was an incredibly simple question the answer to which would make planning so much easier if they got the answer.

There are two sides here, probably going to have to go down the planning permission route to force certain things to work
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote