View Single Post
Unread 12-08-2008, 07:48   #1
Colm R
Regular Poster

Default [12/08/2008] Clontarf Road - Doors Locked

Still seething from this mornings events - anger is the only way I can describe things.

I arrived at Clontarf Road Station between 06:15 and 06:20 to get the next train southbound at 06:25. There was approx 15 people outside the station as the doors were locked.

There was nothing anyone could do as the 06:25 arrived. I wonder was the driver curious as to why there was nobody on the platform.

Obviously a few people got off the train and made there way down. As the approached the door, it opened. (Automatic doors) Obviously the sensor on the outside was not turned on. Everyone ran up the stairs but it was too late.

I didn't have the option of waiting 22 minutes for the next train as I had to get to work so I turned back and headed out to find a taxi. Most people who travel this early need to be somewhere at a specific time.

As I passed the ticket office I could see someone between the blinds. I shouted, "I can see you, why were the doors locked". To which a reply came back, "F**k off". I was seething but didn't have time and continued out of the station.

In the car park, I was so angry I turned around and went back in. In fairness, this was not a good idea on my part but anger had taken over. However the doors had closed and would not open for me again.

In the end I got a taxi, €11 and wasn't really late for work. But still shocked as to this mornings events. I would normally leave this go, but when the person behind the counter said what he said, I am going to complain.

As for the other people there, I do not know how they got on. However I would recognise most of them. We are all regulars for this train. Might have a chat with some of them tomorrow morning.

I'm going to start with a phone call this morning. Does anyone know who in Irish Rail I should call.
Colm R is offline   Reply With Quote