View Single Post
Unread 04-09-2009, 12:46   #20
MOH
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Ralph View Post
The time-out on tickets needs some work. I know the idea is to stop people using the same ticket (generally a season ticket) to put multiple people through the same gates. However, a ticket validated at Lansdowne Road at 0823 should let you out of Pearse at 0829. At the moment, it doesn't; the gate says "Just validated".

Obviously the time that the ticket was last validated is encoded onto the stripe; I wonder is this the same for the station and direction (in/out)? Even if not, common sense suggests that if the ticket has no journeys left (single or inbound half of a return) there is no possible way of it being reused.
It's a moronic system - it doesn't differentiate between in and out. Went down to Blackrock station on Tuesday, reached the platform to find indefinite delays due to the train failure at Dun Laoghaire. Went straight back out but couldn't exit. Had to shout at the ticket desk and eventually got his attention after he'd finished serving someone and he let me out. I was about to climb over it.
MOH is offline   Reply With Quote