View Single Post
Unread 02-02-2017, 13:49   #3
berneyarms
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by markpb View Post
While they're a good idea, I think they're a little disingenuous.

The train/tram map artificially squeezes in the north of the city so it looks like
Broombridge and Bayside are equidistant from the city centre. Urban rail maps regularly do this for clarity but I think this one takes it a step too far.

The Frequent Services map considers a bus service to be frequent if its frequent at peak hours. Yes, it says this in the description so they're not hiding it but, again, it's a little disingenuous.

The local area maps look good. DCU has an odd 'You are here' pointer on the map which is odd but otherwise they're very good.
The local maps are designed to be physically put up in the locations concerned - hence the "You are here".

Sadly as per usual with our disjointed transport system the Dún Laoghaire maps have not been updated to reflect the revised bus network in the area.

The lack of a complete public transport network map for Dublin is still outrageous.

I think you're expecting a lot of a schematic map to reflect scale to be honest. Not even the London Underground map does that - significantly over/under stating distances between certain stations.

I think you have to accept that with schematic maps scale tends to be impossible if you want to have clarity.

Last edited by berneyarms : 02-02-2017 at 13:51.
berneyarms is offline   Reply With Quote