View Single Post
Unread 27-04-2008, 10:49   #6
Rathkenny
New to the board

I have had numerous problems with one particular attendant in Maynooth too. I am an annual ticket holder and the ticket never works in the machines (even after I have got a 'new' ticket from Abbey street 7 times!) so the only way I can get access to the platform is through the gate beside the machines.

I had to ask for the gate to be opened most mornings & one particular morning this obnoxious man refused to open the gate until he was ready. It got to the stage where there were approx 20 of us waiting for him to open the gate and the train from Longford had arrived on the platform. A couple of men jumped over the barrier while the rest of us just screamed at the attendant. Eventually he pressed the button beside him to open the gate & I managed to get on the train just as the doors were closing.

I emailed Iarnrod Eireann as soon as I got to work that morning & got a response a week later to say that the station manager had been informed of the situation and that they apologise for the poor customer service!! In fairness though they now leave the gate unlocked most mornings so we don't have to suffer the hardship of speaking to this idiot & getting our day off to horrible start.
Rathkenny is offline   Reply With Quote