View Single Post
Unread 26-10-2006, 09:21   #6
2Funki4Wheelz

Exclamation Proposed Timetable

See attached proposed timetable Dublin-Portarlington (although Myles said this has gone to the printers and is ready for proofing - that doesn't sound that 'draft' to me!)

proposed timetable.doc

Due to the 'Kildare Line Project' (to 2009) delays of 5 - 7 mins are to be expected and these delays have been incorporated into the timetable, so I guess we'll be getting up earlier to get in for the same time
There a few extra services and it was felt overall that it was the best timetable Port had ever had.

The Portarlington platform is to be extended on both sides, this project is expected to start around February and is scheduled for approx 10 months. Level of disruption unknown.

The track is also to be straightened at some time in the future, although this is for non-stop services and is of no benefit to Port residents.

No later services than the 21.00 out of Dublin to Port or Portlaoise, due to a lack of rolling stock and the works(which will take place mostly at night), although at a push Myles said he hoped for some movement on this maybe in 2007, as it was one of the most requested services. Until then though, there is no real scope for improvement.

The car park is on a priority list for CCTV (digital) and the IE Board had approved the spend. It was confirmed that the Gardai had agreed to do twice daily runs around the car park. A few shocking stories - cars overturned, doors off etc. The station staff have refused to get involved and will not alert the Gardai if they observe any activity.

Paid security patrolled car park schemes have been piloted in Mallow @€2.00 a day and people asked that this be included in there tickets where possible and it was suggested this may discourage the people that drive from 5 minutes away.

Extension of the car park was also being investigated, a paper had been submitted to the IE board on this.

Numerous calls were made to do something about the 'Calcutta express', the nickname for the 17.10 out of Dublin, which is sardine packed until Newbridge/Port, has leaks and is basically rotting away. Again, nothing can be done about this until new stock arrives.

The attendees asked that 'hosts' as per the new Cork trains, be provided on the trains with the poorest service (17.10 & 17.55 out of Heuston) as the PA rarely worked and they suffered the most/worst delays. As the Cork train has a (fully) functioning PA, it seems ridiculous to 'double' cover the train, with PA and host. Myles confirmed that serious customer service changes were underway and the 'Host' concept was getting excellent feedback. It was hoped to get this service across all routes in the future.

Customer Service in general received a hammering at the meeting, especially rudeness from IE staff. Name badges are to be introduced in the future which may encourage the staff to feel more responsible for their actions and Customer Service training is underway. (Though as someone pointed out, basic common sense and courtesy would be a good start, no need to spend money on that!)

One person asked Myles to give more actual times for the developments above, with sepcific deadlines etc and Myles is to revert to the Rail Users Group within a month. He also hopes to meet with the group around 4 times annually and another public meeting can be held if necessary.

Let me know if I missed anything! Very long post I know but I take minutes a lot in my job so I have plenty of notes!!), well done to Stephen for organising, and well done to everyone who turned up on a horrible rainy night.

Last edited by 2Funki4Wheelz : 26-10-2006 at 10:51.
2Funki4Wheelz is offline   Reply With Quote