View Single Post
Unread 29-09-2012, 17:30   #4
Destructix
Really Regular Poster

There was a day saver fare of €37 day return if you traveled before 11am on certain days it is now €43 day saver(think it only applies Tuesday and Thursdays now), €46 day return and €50 open return.

True the two day advanced booking fare price does work out €2.02 cheaper than the station without the booking fee. But the booking fee is an unavoidable part of this and I must point out before this "great sale" you could get the return leg part of this journey online for about €14.99 the outward journey price would vary but was never more than €26 single to Dublin. At the moment two day advance booking on both sides outward and return is €21.99 per train €43.98+ booking fee. It was never this expensive before the sale. So it is a sale where the prices have risen rather than falling.

Today Thurles-Dublin online is €65.98 excl booking. €46 station

Tomorrow it will be €43.98 excluding booking fee. My laser card was replaced so for me and a number of other people that's €3 booking fee on a Visa/MasterCard debit card. €46.98

They may not be breaking the law but the slogan Catch the best fares online is deceptive.
Destructix is offline   Reply With Quote