View Single Post
Unread 14-10-2014, 12:19   #36
Thomas J Stamp
Chairman/Publicity

Quote:
Originally Posted by berneyarms View Post
With respect - I was only trying to be helpful.

Being described as "lecturing" and as a "know it all" is frankly nothing short of abusive trolling. I don't see any need for it.

I've already stated several times that I agree that the information flow is unacceptable. Let's be honest though, when something goes wrong, 9 times out of 10 staff on the ground at stations, airports or on buses are the last people to find out what's going on.

All I was trying to do was suggest a practical solution that might highlight the need to change the timetable if necessary to management.

Obviously that is deemed to be lecturing from a know it all.

With respect, that is frankly a pathetic response. Why don't you focus on doing something about it rather than abusing other people?
hey, i cant help but be honest in my observations, and you went in with both feet on the OP in relation to their very very obvious joke in the first post and took it from there.

ironically it reminds me of the way that IR staff just throw out excuses on the hop and hope that the passenger will go away. It seems to be company policy, there are a few very interesting pages of posts on boards.ie about the fallen tree on the DART line last week - the exact same thing here.

the main point of this thread is how come nobody in a station can give the correct factual answer to a very important question by a passenger. The answer is not "you're asking the wrong person" and implying they are at fault.

They are asking the RIGHT person. That person does not know the answer and THEY are at fault.

You want to know what we are doing about it? We're having a meeting tomorrow as it happens and we will be bringing it up with IE. What we will not be doing is taking it out on the passengers for not having the wits to complain to Heuston Station.