View Single Post
Unread 12-10-2014, 19:05   #33
James Howard
Really Really Regluar Poster

There are a lot of trains that have systemic delays and have had them for years. For example, the 1905 Sligo train is rarely less than 7 or 8 minutes late at Edgeworthstown and the delay is due to waiting at Killucan for the 1800 from Sligo which never seems to be able to make it up on time. I see little point in getting updated information about these kind of delays since it will just be the same "operational issues" excuse every day with a bit of "poor rail adhesion" thrown in for a variety at this time of year. I have long since given up worrying about them and just consider them with a kind of detached amusement as it is lot looking like Irish Rail care about them and so why should I.

The priority is really to deal with these systemic delays. I can think of two ways of addressing the issues with the train that affects me - they could grant the 1905 a bit more priority and allow it push on if it reaches Killucan before the 1800 reaches Mullingar as it generally has about 10 times the passenger load. The other option would be to alter the timetable so that the 1905 leaves at 1910 or 1915 and so would have a realistic schedule. Neither option would cost Irish Rail a penny.

Last edited by James Howard : 12-10-2014 at 19:09.
James Howard is offline   Reply With Quote