View Single Post
Unread 05-02-2010, 08:09   #26
Oisin88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilkea View Post
I can get to Citywest in 30 mins from just outside Athy because of the new M9. I would then expect to get from Citywest to IFSC in around 45 mins (it is currently 30 mins from RedCow on Luas). Total 1hour 15mins door to door.
I currently drive 5 mins to Athy, and then have 1 hour 5mins to Heuston (assuming Irish Rail run on time) and then have probably 5 mins wait and 15mins on either Luas or 90 bus to IFSC. Total 1hour 30mins door to door (big assumption here that IE run on time).
Along with the other stuff people have posted, remember that with the Luas you need to factor in potential wait time. Presumably it will be about 12 minutes, if half of the trams to town are going from the square.

Quote:
There is a park and ride proposed for Citywest/Saggart and I have no problem paying a weekly fee for a secure, well kept, well lit carpark as opposed to paying a weekly fee for the IE carpark in Athy which is badly lit, crap CCTV, covered in potholes, no markings etc etc!
Well if you are happy to bankroll FF/PD/Developers, it's a free country!

Quote:
The biggest difference would be the option to leave work at anytime and get home, not to be held to IE's crazy timetables.
I can see your point there. That's always the clincher with public transport. There is always the implication that they are looking after the needs of the many with timetables. (More like the many have to fit in with whatever they trot out) The lack of flexibility on my commute is also killing me!