View Single Post
Unread 23-04-2008, 19:20   #8
Rashers
Really Regular Poster

Default Plot tickens

Despite only 1 announcement during a 25+ minute delay, here's what I managed to piece together:

The 07.18 ex Drogheda (Pearse 08.21) suffered a door failure at Howth Junction. This same service failed again at Clontarf Road (Not 100% about this, as this was not a scheduled stop).
But the door failed again at Pearse.
So some 40 minutes later, the Drogheda service that should have arrived into Connolly at 08.36, made it to Tara st @ 09.05. I gave up at that point.
As you would expect, no announcements on the platforms. Not sure about the displays.
To make it even worse the 07.16 Dundalk-Bray service I was on, arrived as a 6 carriage service. It was already leaving passengers behind at Skerries, but it got much worse down the line. No explanation, no apology. Just same old poor customer service
PS- Irish Rail, despite having suburban services running >30 minutes late were still claiming delays were only maximum 10 minutes late. I rang the information desk at Connolly at 09.10, who confirmed this is what they were telling passengers.

ps - spent 10 mins stuck south of Malahide this evening. Not a single announcement....

Last edited by Rashers : 23-04-2008 at 19:24.
Rashers is offline   Reply With Quote