View Single Post
Unread 04-04-2008, 21:43   #12
KSW
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Gleeson View Post
These issues have been discussed to death here before There are major journey time reductions coming in Dec 2008 as the combination of new trains and better signaling kick in
These issues have been discussed before but this thread will hopefully sum it up. When you mention major journey times coming in Dec08, There is something that has'nt been mentioned before. I hope they keep that in mind !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasJ View Post
But the thing is plant43 some DART passengers [particulary at southside services] have the opinion that its because of these commuter/intercity services that there can be a wait of upto 20 minutes on occasions. The DART has got worse over the years due to the increase in commuter services
I also understand that the DART as to be given priority BUT (there's that word) there is only 3 Rosslare services per day that travel from Connolly to Rosslare(Direct)I just think that these three should be given just that little more attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasJ View Post
On a side note, I don't think you are going to get faster times without resolving the Dublin to Bray section so I think the poll is pointless
I personally think that if the Rosslare train was to change tracks a number of times on route to Bray that the 25-30min time can be archiveable without touching the DART travelling to Bray and the DART coming from Bray. The poll, I wanted to see which would people chose in the way of speed or the bray to connolly section. Which was more important, So far faster journey times from Bray onwards seems to be the winner so the section after all might not be that important to passengers who use it every weekday.!!!!!!!! I have one word InterCity
KSW is offline   Reply With Quote