View Single Post
Unread 21-09-2006, 15:35   #11
stevetee
Regular Poster

Default May I add another one to your list ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek Wheeler

For the record, the Kildare line stations of Sallins/Naas, Hazelhatch/Celbridge and the much maligned Clondalkin and Cherryorchard are the only commuter stations in Ireland without a Sunday service. FACT.
The above statement is not strictly accurate either. Monasterevin, another maligned member of IE bastard station family, has not had a Sunday service since it reopened in 2001. Derek makes the point that Sunday services are not supplied by IE because there is no demand for them which I do not accept at all. IE use exactly the same argument to justify the abysmal service Monasterevin gets during the week, ie the population of the town does not justify extending the service beyond its current (****ty) state. Someone needs to dynamite this pill box view of life beyond the comfortable confines of the Pale. These guys live in a world of their own.

I use trains regulary to bring my kids on Sundays from Monasterevin to see their grandparents in South County Dublin but I have to drive to Kildare station to do so. Despite opening a new train station in the town 5 years ago, there is still no sign of a Sunday service.

Please check the Monasterevin topic for more discussions on these very topics back in June.

Steve
stevetee is offline   Reply With Quote