View Single Post
Unread 02-08-2006, 09:49   #2
Donal Quinn

i've posted on this before

totally agree - i've had experience where there was IE staff whom i complained to and he just walked passed them

also i'm always careful to check that there isn't a dublin football game on the route - near got my head kicked in by hill 16's finest a few years back

it is pathetic and i accept that when violence is threatened IE staff shouldn't have to risk life and limb but they should be coordinating with the garda.

imagine - trian leaves dublin with jimmy's stag party in full voice. passengers complain directly and are threatened, go to IE staff who are also threatened. garda in portarlington are contacted - they're prepared for this sort of thing. IE staff use PA system to tell jimmy that our heroes are on the way. train stops and ringleaders are removed and the rest told that there's more garda waiting in athlone... ahhhh

in the meantime i would say to everyone that if you see someone challenging these types then back them up straight away - and encourage others (peacefully of course). it makes a huge difference if there's a group.