View Single Post
Unread 15-09-2014, 11:09   #8
Jamie2k9
Really Really Regluar Poster

Quote:
There still are several regular empty stock movements, regardless of the time of day its a free item basically and any revenue is extra
Quote:
I'm not sure whether the positioning journey to Carlow to commence the 06.30 Carlow - Heuston commuter (Mon-Fri) commences at Portlaoise or at Heuston. Either way consideration could be given to operating it in service.
There is a balance to be stuck. Using the Carlow example as above opening that to passenger service wouldn't justify the costs as Heuston station would not be open and it runs to a tight timetable so it would be non stop and stations along the route wouldn't be open either.

I fail to see the general justification for IE running the 16.00 on Saturdays regularly. They is no need to operate it and a quick roster change would save the 110 mile journey. Really simple and for all the brains in charge they should really of copped on to where the change could happen to save the cost of running it. I shouldn't have to point the exact change out! The capacity charge earlier in July are really only because the 13.05 takes large group booking twice a week (one being a Saturday) and it should be ending in the next few weeks and as the summer is coming to an end numbers will fall off slightly anyway.

Last edited by Jamie2k9 : 15-09-2014 at 11:13.
Jamie2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote