View Single Post
Unread 16-05-2007, 01:42   #8
purplepanda
New to the board

It would be better to make more use of this line as the best way to improve transport links from SW Wexford to Waterford city which is what I was interested in from my experience. If a better more frequent service was introduced to connect up also with Dublin bound services from Wexford & Waterford it would also result in more passengers using the trains.

At present SW Wexford is cut off from Waterford City apart from a car ferry & bus sevices which travel all the way up to New Ross to get back down to Waterford.

I've heard that the railway bridge over the River Barrow was built in 1904 & it certainly seems like it traveling across it? Until the bridge is replaced with perhaps a joint rail / road bridge at some stage in the future, the railway is the best bet for improving transport around the region. I certainly agree with the idea of a shuttle service being introduced between Wexford, Waterford & Rosslare as a better option as the ferry service travelers are mostly seasonal anyway.

PS. Why doesn't someone integrate the private bus operators services onto the Bus Eireann website?
purplepanda is offline   Reply With Quote