View Single Post
Unread 04-10-2013, 20:09   #11
Mark Gleeson
Technical Officer

If you had a seat reservation, and had no seat you are entitled to a refund. I understand that seat reservations were not displayed until 5 minutes before departure.

There are approx. 100 seats available after the online quota is exhausted, as it stands today next Friday's service has only 10 seats booked so far. I very much doubt the online quota was fully used.

I was actually standing on platform 4 as the train departed (late), it was certainly busy with standing passengers but from my vantage point standing in coaches A and B was at the door areas, stretching up to 1/2 rows into the carriage. I've seen much worse on a daily basis on other routes.

This looks like a blip, probably down to students returning to college. Given weekly, monthly, annual tickets its all but impossible to have a head count. The way Connolly is laid out makes it impossible to restrict access to any platform but platform 3.

Only possible solution would be to refuse access to those bound for Maynooth, that opens another can of worms, as you will have significant numbers boarding in Maynooth anyway so no net saving.
Mark Gleeson is offline   Reply With Quote