View Single Post
Unread 02-06-2013, 14:35   #10
Jamie2k9
Really Really Regluar Poster

Quote:
We have long campaigned for a transport police and it is the first thing we lobby for come election times Given what is being done to the gardai at the moment I wouldnt be holding my breath.

We have done a model of how it can work on DART/Luas and Commuter trains but when it comes to inter-city its a lot harder. What do you do when the train is stopping in places which no longer have a garda station and only one car on patrol?
What do IE think about transport police, do they support it?

If only IE were not so deep in the red and had some spare cash they could set up their own transport police for Dublin area mainly but have them operate some intercity service when required.

The DAA fund their own airport police service.

Leo Varadkar knows well there is major security problems on transport in Dublin but shows no signs of doing anything about it. A question was put to him about Luas security and what will happen when Corss City opens and TBH his response was SFA will be done and nothing will change.

Its simple the security companies for transport companies only need to be given more power to remove people from trains physically without being in trouble for doing it or transport police are needed. Antio social behaviour is only going to increase.

I would almost go an say that STT ones on the Luas have being cut back a lot recently. Same with RPU's lads for a good few weeks there was checks every 5 minutes on the Luas and I have not being checked at all recently.

Last edited by Jamie2k9 : 02-06-2013 at 14:56.
Jamie2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote