Thread: Sail & Rail
View Single Post
Unread 07-06-2016, 15:21   #245
Bdeithrick
New to the board

Default Sail rail Gso - Hip

I took the sail rail option last Friday 3/6/16
Booked on line €66 , I drive a taxi so collected my CIV ticket at the Irish ferries terminal 1 in the Port.
On Friday I took the 6am dart and got off at conolly, I walked across ss Amiens Street to the bus stop and the 53 came at 07:05. Can use leap card on this avoid the special bus at Bus Aras is €3 at 07:15
After a nice trip through east wall and the major roads of Dublin Port we arrived at Terminal 1 Irish ferries for my swift at 07:20
Swift departs at 08:45. Well in time for a scout around , check in , bag drop and a coffee n scone.
Johnny Swift took 2hrs accross the flat Irish Sea was very calm. As with all sailings I've been on its popular with the minority clans you can't discriminate against. We alighted the swift thru back ramp onto a old horrid bus to the terminal, bags collected and we were ID'ed
The Arriva train came Five minutes later I stood half was down platform and got a table seat, with charging point. It left on time at 11:27
What a beautiful trip to Chester where is was all change for London, our 13:35 was waiting, I ran and secured another table seat for our 2 hrs too Euston
We arrived nice n swift at 15:38
I took the Victoria line to Walthamstow Central and the overground to Highams Park.
This trip was 11rs but was very relaxed and no security problems with liquids and stupid walks to Ryanair gates and long walked through gift shops thinking your gong to miss the flight stress.
Kids are half price and it's a recommend route if you've time and don't want to get to London before 4pm.
Buy ticket from Irish ferries it's cheaper.
Get train times from trainline.com and screen shot it.
Hope this 2016 times n routes help. B
Bdeithrick is offline   Reply With Quote