View Single Post
Unread 22-12-2016, 23:36   #259
Jamie2k9
Really Really Regluar Poster

On the new DD today and whoever designed made your typical mess that you come to expect from NIR.

Chairs are nice however for a man who is only average height my knee's hitting off the table combined with the bar in the middle (why not the end?) and square heating system on the ground. You are squashed in and I have never been on a train where you have to drag yourself across two seats to stand up unless you want sore legs getting stuck between the seat and table. It's the most cramped train so well done for achieving that. Chairs up to high which has the tables to low and to big for the space they are packing you into. The bus and even a Ryanair flight have far superior leg room and for a lot less.

Toilets, buttons work when they like, no lighting to indicate open/close, I mean it's basic design flaws.

Very strong lighting.

On the plus side WIFI was miles ahead of IE and NIR actually use heating on their trains, of the 4 trains today all had good heat. I would barley recall 4 times in the last year when it was cold and IE activated the heating.

The ICR's put them to shame, a small improvement to seating and they would be even better.
Jamie2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote