New to the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Gleeson View Post
Standard Dublin Cork train
5 * 69
1 * 28
1 * 44
= 417 + 6 Wheelchair spaces

Friday capacity is 11676 Makes that less than 9% Approx 2.5 million journeys per annum.
Where are you getting 28 from?

As I mentioned, both my Rail and Bus numbers where one direction only. If you want to do returns, then you have the double the coach capacity too, so it will still end up about 20%

So again, I'm afraid your figures are wrong and misrepresent the reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Gleeson View Post
Plus bus licence is for ONE bus per service, anything extra is a breach of licence with the NTA
Well in that case Aircoach broke their license when they put on an extra coach when the 7pm ex-Cork was full and there was another 30 people there.

No, I think you are find that all bus licenses allow for supplementary coaches, just as Bus Eireann have been doing on the Cork route on Fridays/Sundays for years and GoBus/Citylink have been doing in Galway.

Also nothing stopping them putting on Double Deckers and also asking the NTA for more scheduled services.

As for folks saying these services are very lightly used as they can't see heads in the buses as they pass. Well as someone who has actually been using these services almost weekly for the past few months, I can assure you that Aircoach buses are now regularly almost full. GoBE are lighter, but then it is a newer service and not as well known, but it is also picking up business very quickly.

The thing is, I'm a Corkonian living in Dublin, with many similar friends. I and every single one of my friends have switched to Aircoach/GoBE. Last week, a large number of other friends living in Dublin (but from all over the world) went down to Cork for the Jazz weekend, every single one of them took Aircoach/GoBE.

Sure this particular information maybe just one users observation, but I really can't see how IR numbers couldn't be going down with everything I'm actually seeing in person.

I suppose time will tell when actual figures are published.

Quote:
TBH I would imagine all the business is Cork-Dublin Airport
IME of regularly using these services about 90% Cork-Dublin City. Very few go on or to the airport.
briank is offline   Reply With Quote