View Single Post
Unread 02-03-2014, 15:41   #46
Jamie2k9
Really Really Regluar Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by berneyarms View Post
Yes but you have to take maintenance requirements into account as well - you can't simply say that there has to be one available. Trains have to be serviced as well. That, believe it or not is a requirement.

If you are seriously suggesting that they've sets that are designated as being in service (i.e. excluding the sets put into storage for economic reasons) sitting around in sidings doing nothing then really I think you're taking the proverbial.
They had maintenance requirements before the sets were changed, the whole fleet is in service and the sets that were withdrawn were not as they were spare and probably a unit or two that was spare considering the downturn is to be expected. Media make something or nothing of it.

There "could" have a set available to work this service, no excuses. It's just something needs to be done to make it happen. I fully appreciate that the reduction in 4 piece sets than planned may be a factor however it would be easily overcome. 3 coach would be good for the 18.05 but then there is the morning service. It will probably take a complete new timetable until it will be really sorted out but can IE afford to wait months for this and keep some customers in the process?

Last edited by Jamie2k9 : 02-03-2014 at 15:53.
Jamie2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote