View Single Post
Unread 17-12-2015, 20:42   #11
Dublin13
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey H View Post
Downright lie from translink it terminated at Harmonstown and left empty for Belfast with a door on 9204 half open. I know for a fact this is the third door fault on 9204 since it came back but the first causing a train failure
The first tweet that Translink made said that the train was delayed as the result of a broken down train, rather than stating it broke down itself, check out the below tweet.

https://twitter.com/nirailways/statu...50616189771776

Every tweet from Translink tonight refers to disruption to the service but does not give a reason why or mention a fault, there is a lot of face saving going on here it seems and very little information.

Irish Rail are happy to talk a lot about disruption to DART and commuter services on their twitter but next to no information on the enterprise disruption tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie2k9 View Post
Very random for doors to break en route, could be a serious issue for such a fault to show up on a moving train or something worse....
I'm curious what it was, something must have happened en-route, or maybe there were some warning signs before the train left Connolly or on it's previous journey?

However there was a lot of rowing back going on, the driver on our DART clearly said doors the first two announcements, the station announcements first said doors on Enterprise, then operational problem on Enterprise, then just a delay due to a train broken down at Harmonstown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey H View Post
I am one of the extatic 1650 passengers who have just left Dundalk 23 late on the 1900 ex Dublin. Thought it would be packed but I am.in.the front car of 22039 with several empty seats ( we were taken from Harmonstown to Dundalk on the 1713 ex Pearse)
The return working is now showing an unspecified delay.
Dublin13 is offline   Reply With Quote