Thread: Monasterevin
View Single Post
Unread 26-10-2010, 15:37   #76
stevetee
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by areidy View Post
Any one know of there are any plans for a train between the 6.40 and 10.10pm services?

Thanks
Aish
Hi Aish,

MRUG agreed a set of "assured timetable changes" with IE, including 2 additional services between 6.40 (presume you mean the evening) and 10.10pm, before the "recession" kicked in as a result of which all timetable modifications were canned. I didnt see the connection at the time and I still dont but its some combination of massive customer numbers drop, the Kildare Route Project and another unquantifiable substance IE tend to sprinkle on any process involving change. MRUG have heard nothing back from IE since so I cant give you any assurances when or even if we will see additional services in our timetable.

That said, and as you will read on other postings to this forum, the Kildare Route Project put a kibosh on all timetable changes last year and the indicators are the new tracks will lead to significant timetable alterations. Whether those timetable changes have a direct impact on Monasterevins train service remains to be seen.

Steve (on behalf of MRUG)
stevetee is offline   Reply With Quote