View Single Post
Unread 04-08-2007, 18:29   #20
a_slight_hitch

The article featured a portrait of his stupid face looking all smug and gob****ey.

You've got to question the intelligence of someone who essentially confesses to the media before the cops have even spoken to him.

Stupid people should be killed until they die from it.

Quote:
Gardai to interview man over bizarre rail prank

By Jason O'Brien
Saturday August 04 2007

GARDAI will tomorrow meet the man behind a controversial YouTube video who was filmed lying between railway tracks as an express train hurtled over him.

Rail bosses insist they will push for a prosecution over the incident in which the man was lying in a hole under the track and the train passed overjust inches from hisface.

Michael O'Connor (21), from Portarlington, Co Laois, stuck his head out from the railway sleepers at Monasterevin station in Kildare just moments before the Cork-Dublin express train passed over him.

"It was moronic beyond words," Iarnrod Eireann spokesman Barry Kenny said. "He could have been very easily crushed by the pressure alone, he could have been decapitated.

The stunt was captured on a mobile phone camera and has since made the news in Britain and the US.

Speaking to the Irish Independent last night, Mr O'Connor admitted that he could have died during the prank.

Stones

"When the train came - you know the way them stones were unearthed? - well, the weight of the train brought down concrete pillars on my chest so I'd say if the train had to stop in the train station it would have killed me," he said. "It took away my breath for a couple of minutes, but I wouldn't say I was scared, no."

The dramatic video footage - complete with expletive-ridden commentary - was posted to a social networking site and became an internet hit but it has since been removed.

Gardai said they identified three individuals they plan to interview this weekend.

- Jason O'Brien