View Single Post
Unread 02-08-2007, 09:27   #2
Thomas J Stamp
Chairman/Publicity

Not exactly on topic but what I love about the likes of The Irish Times is their strange reaction to something that nearly everyone knows about but they sorta don't.

Like this:

Quote:
Bebo.com, an online social networking community where people chat, share videos and photographs and make new friends. The service is very popular among students and young people.
Perhaps Madam will tell us what a DVD player is next, or perhaps one of those new fangled ipods.

As for Barry............

Quote:
Irish Rail was made aware of the video by a journalist and immediately contacted Bebo to have it removed.
It was there till around 4pm. Well, that's immediate in terms of IE anyway.

Quote:
"I've seen pages where groups of hooligans arrange fights and others where people publish videos of self abuse," Robert Billington, a Bebo user said. "The content people upload to these websites is largely unrestricted and will remain in place until someone complains about it," he said.
I always love the way they find "Bebo user's" and the like. Presumably he either works at the next desk to the writer or is a mate of his. What it does do is reinforce for the gentle readers of the Times a view of something that really should be done about this Bebo thing.

Oh, and a last bit of spin from Barry:

Quote:
This is the first instance of such behaviour that has been brought to the attention Irish Rail
Technically correct. However, it is not the first time things like this have happened and those happenings were witnessed by IE staff and therefore not "brought to the attention of Irish Rail"

It's the little things that count.

As for Pikey Mikey his day in Court awaits. As far as I remember Monasterevin is within Judge Connellan's bailiwick and I foresee dark days ahead for Pikey..........