View Single Post
Unread 25-04-2016, 16:47   #9
berneyarms
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Shields View Post
Just looking at the new Enterprise timetable, and I notice the 20:50 from Connolly is scheduled to arrive in Drogheda at 21:29. I've checked it against the last printed timetable I had (dated 2009, but not much had changed since), and it did previously arrive at 21:20.

If 10-minute DART frequency had started, we could blame that, but it hasn't. Is there any logical reason for adding almost 10 minutes to journey times at a time when there's not much on the line?

I recall when I first moved to Drogheda this service departed at 21:00 and would routinely arrive in Drogheda in 25 minutes. I've heard stories from people using the service much longer than I have of fabled trains that could make the journey in as little as 20 minutes.

The recent changes to the timetable seem utterly pointless, increasing journey times but adding no additional services.

What am I missing?
What you are missing is that IE agreed with NIR on a new Enterprise timetable to fit around the new 10 minute DART timetabld.

IE then at the last minute postponed the introduction of the changes to the DART timetable.

NIR had made the changes to their internal timetable to fit around the new Enterprise timetable and would have issued new schedules on the basis that it was going ahead.

Basically the decision not to implement the DART timetable change came too late for NIR to reverse the changes as I understand it.
berneyarms is offline   Reply With Quote