View Single Post
Unread 12-03-2007, 19:37   #9
John J
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Gleeson View Post
Question is how the passengers will react and indeed the 15:55 on a Friday? Someone will lose capcity elsewhere to make it happen.
Well one comment I heard going through the automatic barriers was "great, it's the big train"
Mind you, I'm sure there's a few masochists out there missing the 29K's.

As for the Friday only service, maybe they'll pinch some 29K's from the Rosslare?

Quote:
My only concern now is that it is my understanding that the set in question has been based out of Heuston for the last year, and we all know what time in Heuston does to Mk2ds. I only hope their condition hasn't slid too far in that time.
It's had better days, I'll admit - some exposed light fittings, etc.
However anything is an improvement over what we've been putting up with - after a full year on 29K's you really appreciate the leg room, table space and comfortable seats.
We made good time too - 58 minutes to Mullingar...
Unfortunately the dining car seems to have been done away with - a trolley operated instead (and for once it didn't have to negotiate the gap at Mullingar to get from one end of the train to the other).

Anyway, my advice to the Mk2 fan club members on the board is - enjoy it while it lasts!
John J is offline   Reply With Quote