View Single Post
Unread 28-08-2010, 21:50   #30
corktina
Regular Poster

How would you get 3 1/2 hours? the wrc bit alone takes nearly two! I assume you are advocating a through train to Cork with that timimg and I would doubt you would do Colbert to Kent in an hour and a half.
The Sligo line had two advantages over the WRC..namely it was capable of having the speds increased because it was built as a proper railway when foirst built not a cheap rural line like the WRC when first built.It was therefore straighter(and had no reversal), secondly it leads to Dublin and therefore had a naturally higher usage thasn the WRC would have

Let me ask you, would you prefer money to be spent opening to Tuam or on improving the Galway to Dublin in some way?

To quote someone else, the WRC is a Camel.... a horse designed by ...well not a committte but by ill-informed people in the west who wanted their railway back without a thought as to how that money could be used better.

PS would anyone actually want to take 3 1/2 hours riding from Galway to Cork? I used to travel to Ballina in a truck and could do it in 4!
corktina is offline   Reply With Quote