View Single Post
Unread 02-03-2014, 00:43   #38
Jamie2k9
Really Really Regluar Poster

Quote:
Bizarrely enough Mark, economic circumstances can and do change.

Given the financial constraints that the company find themselves in, it's a case of what can they afford to do, rather than what they would like to do.
While your right the Sligo timetable is very inefficient and costing IE more. Clearly nothing major will change until a new timetable if even then. They are suiting two drivers based in Longford which is costing them greatly. That needs to change and there is lots of ways to change it.

Quote:
It shouldn't be about Sligo or Longford versus Rosslare or Dundalk, but if you want to start that argument, Dundalk is typically close to a half-hour closer to Dublin than Longford. Rosslare and Wexford should be 22K services, no argument there. I personally can't see why anybody would take the train that direction instead of the Wexford bus
Can anybody confirm the number of Dundalk/Drogheda services operated by 22's, I don't think its a massive amount and as with the Portlaoise shuttle many of the sets are probably scheduled to visit Drogheda deport anyway so the argument of them being on that route instead of the Longford route can't necessary being justified.

Just had a look at the PT piece on IE and tbh Leo V's antidote towards IE doesn't do much for future commitment to rail transport. Yes IE need to cut costs and I'm sure a wages deal will be done but in general Leo V was clearly very uninformed about a railway and comparing to a bus was a little stupid on his behalf. It seems like IE is completely on their own from now on, wonder will his tune change if IE start to cut frequency across the network to make a point to him?

The only positive point was how well the WRC was exposed and now just about everybody knows about it.
Jamie2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote