Thread: 2009 Timetable
View Single Post
Unread 08-01-2009, 11:36   #6
KSW
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavanrailbus View Post
That's an interesting timetable though ferry passengers will suffer unless there is a connection (I'm referring to the evening Stena Line sailing at 2115 to Fishguard) And it would be disappointing for the connection to be abolished
I was betting someone would say this about the ferry connection. I dont want anybody to think I know it all I just have seen the potential the Rosslare line has to offer. The 17.00 Gorey Commuter train would extend to Rosslare arriving at 20.00 giving time for the sailing. This train could also operate the fist following morning service (i.e) 05.30 then Intercity the rest of the day. Except the 17.00 down to Rosslare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Gleeson View Post
We have had to delete post, as it was of no relevance to the thread subject
Sorry about that Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Gleeson View Post
The timetable is dictated by demand which is directed to Dublin, the times must make sense at the Dublin end, its unlikely someone in Dublin will travel via Rosslare, since its easier/cheaper go via Holyhead. The other angle is why don't the ferry companies change there times, there has been a 18:35 Connolly Rosslare for at least the last 35 years

The emerging timetable is to keep long distance out of the peak hours, so the last train to Rosslare would become sometime after 7pm. People are crying out for a later service
I see what you mean Mark, If a train left Rosslare at (i.e)05.30 and arrived in Dublin at 08.30 it must make the available next Dublin/Rosslare departure say 10.30 giving the train time to rest for the journey back down the route same as if the train terminated in Wexford.

The 18.35 has been the same for 35yeras thats why to me its time to change literally the face of Rosslare Intercity services A 19.30 evening is perfect there is space from the 18.00 Gorey train.

I was just thinking of your last phrase "emerging timetable is to keep long distance out of peak hours" Thats why I came up with 15.30 to Wexford then Gorey Commuter services then 19.30 out of peak hours as the last Intercity srvice to Rosslare. Just one question would people use the last late service to say Wexford as the last stop. I think if this was to happen then the journey times would have to be reduced from Dublin to Wexford from the best jounrey time which is the 13.05 arrives at 15.27 = 2hr22mins to 2hr10mins. I hope IE make the Rosslare line a good IC service because even if a person like myself who can think of reducing times and giving different departure times then IE have no excuse

http://railusers.ie/forum/showthread...0608#post40608
KSW is offline   Reply With Quote