View Single Post
Unread 06-08-2010, 18:12   #21
ThomasJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by corktina View Post
Oh what a good idea, just get the phases of the moon to fall into line too and get Aviva southwest trains to alter their timetable to suit and I think you are on to a winner! (oh and get the Customs and Immigration people both sides of the water to change their shifts also)

Seriously its a RAILWAY owned port.If they cannot (or deliberatley wont which is more likely) tailor their services to mesh with sailings then theres little hope for the service.
I found it ironic that at the same time as making these claims about the line ie turned down numerous freight opportunities. Why is this? Is it because of passengers? Surely not as they're not catering for peoples needs they only run one service a day on weekdays!

With regards to this on the if website

Quote:
As many rail departures are not considered to be connecting services by the train companies concerned, it is advisable to confirm the departure time prior to the purchase of a sail / rail ticket.

When I took a ferry at rosslare europort I we astonished that all the ie signage was in the ferryport more than the station the fact that there was a man in ie uniform welcoming me onto the ferry disturbed I'm not sure if these people know what business they are running anymore.

You will love This corktina 15 euro add on for footpassengers to travel from rosslare to cork with Irish rail, god knows how much it would be without that add-on but could you imagine how you would get home to cork
ThomasJ is offline   Reply With Quote