View Single Post
Unread 12-10-2010, 20:48   #1
Rashers
Really Regular Poster

Default 07.10 Dundalk to Bray to operate as 6 carriages from now on

Following yesterday's overcrowding and delays at Donabate, the same was repeated again this morning. The delays this morning were longer.
Yet again not a single apology from the driver, or any explanation of either the overcrowding or the time spent sitting outside Connolly.
I checked with Connolly information desk, and they advised they received numerous complaints about the overcrowding, and leaving passengers behind at Donabate. And yes, passengers were equally complaining about a complete breakdown in communication.
So this afternoon, I checked with the Northern Suburban office on this.
As we know, since the new Dunboyne line opened, Irish Rail have had to reduce capacity on all other commuter lines to supply the new line with trains.
Originally, the 07.12 Drogheda-Bray service was reduced to 6 carriages, but this led to severe overcrowding, so much so, that the commuter service 20 minutes later had to make additional stops to pick up passengers left behind (this is turn led to delays to this service, as was mentioned in previous posts).
So anyway, effective yesterday, the 'carriage reduction programme' has switched to the 07.10 Dundalk to Bray service. This will continue until further notice, or till enough people complain. I suggested that it might be an idea to put up a notice (especially in Donabate) to let passengers know, and therefore they could try get an earlier/later service. We'll see what happens....

Last edited by Rashers : 12-10-2010 at 20:53.
Rashers is offline   Reply With Quote