View Single Post
Unread 24-08-2009, 16:00   #16
irishsaint
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizens7 View Post
I called IE 1850 number today to ask them what bus I should to meet the 18:00 train from Drogheda to Dundalk, or the 19:00. For 18:00 I was told either 16:00 or maybe 16:30 bus or for 19:00 the 17:00 or 17:30 buses. But they couldn't guarantee the bus would be in time (obviously due to traffic) but the trains would leave on time regardless of what time buses were due to arrive. Are all the commuter trains north of viaduct being used for this service or could a more regular train service be added for the Drogheda to Dundalk connection ?
I rang 703 2359 again and the guy (info desk in connolly) advised that the Enterprise will not leave drogheda untill all busses that depart connolly at 7 reach drogheda. Albiet.... after fridays "guarantee's" that the train will be waiting in drogheda until all busses from the 7pm train got there was unfounded. I was on the 7 friday, told of an incident in malahaide and that they would be organising busses, the big problem was the 6:40 drogheda train had not left so everyone got off that and onto the enterprise and they all heard the message too then announced on the enterprise at about 6:55 so there simply wasnt enough busses, i eventually reached drogheda at 8:50 after maybe 20 promises that there were busses arriving in 5-10 mins!!! So fingers crossed, no mess up tonight.

For the drogheda - dundalk route, I noticed the 7:16 this morning was only 4 cars, so maybe they could run 2 x the normal services but as 4 cars with the peak periods obviously coverred sufficiently?
irishsaint is offline   Reply With Quote