View Single Post
Unread 24-08-2009, 14:11   #14
citizens7
New to the board

Default Drogheda to Dundalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishsaint View Post
The 7pm Enterprise from Dublin normally timetabled to leave Drogheda at 19:31. Irish Rail advised me by phone that it will be approx 20:00 (8pm) before it now departs drogheda and maybe later (depends on busses from connolly reaching drogheda) but assured me that it wont leave until all the bussed passangers from Connolly connect for it (unlike friday when 3 busses of passangers scheduled for the 7 train from dublin did not reach drogheda in time for the train they laid on).
I called IE 1850 number today to ask them what bus I should to meet the 18:00 train from Drogheda to Dundalk, or the 19:00. For 18:00 I was told either 16:00 or maybe 16:30 bus or for 19:00 the 17:00 or 17:30 buses. But they couldn't guarantee the bus would be in time (obviously due to traffic) but the trains would leave on time regardless of what time buses were due to arrive. Are all the commuter trains north of viaduct being used for this service or could a more regular train service be added for the Drogheda to Dundalk connection ?
citizens7 is offline   Reply With Quote