View Single Post
Unread 02-05-2006, 14:32   #64
colmoc

Angry 17:00 Dublin to Tralee 29th April 2006

last saturday I rang IE customer service number to check the times of trains from Dublin to Farranfore Co Kerry. i was told there was a train at 15:00 and 17:00 so i went on my merry way and got the 17:00 heuston to cork changed at mallow got on the commuter for kerry. All going well. Next thing the train goes straight through Rathmore to the surprise of several annoyed passangers who had nobody to ask. These people got off in killarney
Again the train headed off somewhat early I was happy to say until we got to farranfore at which point it went straight on to tralee without stopping.
I was raging as I live 60 miles from farranfore and even more to tralee and there was a friend in farranfore waiting for me.
When I asked the station master in tralee why, he replied that this train never stoped in farranfore and IE had given me the wrong info (think he failed to realise he represented IE too) when I asked how I could get back to farranfore he told me to get a taxi charge it to CIE and it wasnt his problem. I asked him again saying this wasnt good enough at which point he walked away muttering a stream of words not fit for this message. I wasn't the only "CUSTOMER" stuck in Tralee but at least I had an obliging friend.
I am getting so fed up with being treated this way. I really dont know why I persist and get the train as opposed to driving myself. I am just sick and tired of IE's ignorance to their customers
colmoc is offline   Reply With Quote