View Single Post
Unread 04-07-2007, 10:30   #5
Thomas J Stamp
Chairman/Publicity

Well, for starters the Mark3 sets are due their mid-life refurbishment but they're not getting one as they are being scrapped for some reason. This could go to explain things like bits being stacked up down the back and the like. I've also seen on some Sundays Limerick Mark 3's where entire seats were missing or the upholstery in bits.

The mould and stuff could be from the a/c not being used when the spare sets are in storage. This doesnt make sense to me as we know for a fact that they are really stretched and ideally all the mark 3's should be running now that the cravens are not being used and the mark 2's are being withdrawn as well.

My money is that funki's train was one that was on stand-by for the CDE and was getting a run to keep it from decaying and possibly IE have a rota of the mark3's for that, this is, of course, pure gricing and I'm sure there is someone who can tell us the precise nature of it.

From a more important point of view (you know, the Customers - remember them?) it doesnt matter a toss why this is happening, the fact that it is is a total and absolute disgrace and IE should be ashamed of themselves.

Perhaps instead of painting old locos just to satisfy the cravings of the head honcho IE should start cleaning their trains properly once in a while.