Thread: 2009 Timetable
View Single Post
Unread 12-01-2009, 21:48   #9
Traincustomer

Default Ferry-train connections at Rosslare Europort

Apologies firstly but I was just making a point and wished also to clarify the suggested timetable put forward by KSW not criticize it.
While I agree that the central corridor sea route, Dublin or Dún Laoghaire to Holyhead is easier and faster to a considerable extent it is not exclusively so.
The journeys referred to were to South Wales - I don't wish to specify exact locations as that would invade family privacy. Especially now since the December 2008 (UK) timetable revamp which has seen major changes to the North Wales rail services there is no longer an "early hours" connection out of the ferry from Dublin. Therefore Rosslare offers the only realistic overnight alternative as there is still the time-honoured 0150 ex Fishguard Harbour. For many locations in South Wales travelling via Rosslare offers a satisfactory if not preferable option.
Naturally I take onboard that train timings have to focus significantly on flows to/from Dublin but the rail-ferry traffic should also be actively facilitated.
Traincustomer is offline   Reply With Quote