View Single Post
Unread 10-08-2012, 13:14   #5
Traincustomer

I see that online booking is now possible for a journey starting at both of the Rosslare stations. In the absence of any note on the website about this though I'd echo James' sentiments above and would be rather reluctant to either use or recommend this (much as I'd be keen to save the few €uro)

Appreciating the point about it being unofficial policy is it not possible in the interests of clarity and avoidance of potential misunderstandings for a note along the following lines to be stated:

"If you purchase ticket(s) online for a station where no ticket collection facility is available (i.e. your station is not included in the drop down list) you must print and carry your ticket confirmation with you and collect your ticket at the first available opportunity (destination/interchange station)."

Like the vast majority of passengers I merely seek a stated assurance that if I buy an online ticket and am unable to collect it (due to an absence of collection facilities) that I'm not going to encounter problems through no fault of my own.
Traincustomer is offline   Reply With Quote