View Single Post
Unread 16-10-2007, 20:49   #18
Rusalka
New to the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenM View Post
I've taken a few Chicago Commuter trains on weekends and they always ran late, due to "a lack of horse power" apparently. Atleast in Ireland generally 2 071s replace a 201 so you dont have that issue too often!
Yeah, I don't think horse power is the issue at all on these services, just general apathy and refusal to take responsibility for problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilkea View Post
They have a rail user group set up, and I think it would a great idea for a Carlow/Athy version.
Does anyone know if there is one set up already?
Not that I know of - I guess people are just too tired to organise by the time they get home these days - maybe that's their game!

On a serious note - I'm shocked at the number of commuters who have had to revert to using the 06:41 from Athy to Heuston, just to get into work on time. It's truly depressing that these users - many of whom (like myself!) were delighted at the extra hour in bed that the 07:37 service promised, have had to start getting up at the crack of dawn again, solely due to the unreliability of the later service. This is just not fair, and not acceptable in a 21st century, supposedly developed country, which has apparently just come through an economic boom.
Rusalka is offline   Reply With Quote