View Single Post
Unread 16-10-2007, 12:51   #11
Rusalka
New to the board

Yep - it was 09:07 when the train arrived into Heuston. 2/2 lates this week - outrageous!

No explanation given again - this is UNBEARABLY frustrating when you've been stood on the platform in the piddling rain in Athy for over half an hour.

If they told us it was a mechanical failure or something, I'd think that while unfortunate, it's probably infrequent and something beyond their control on the day, but when they don't say anything, I can't help but think that it's just down to the human element of the process.

Further to this, I totally agree that there seems to be a pattern in the "enthusiam" of the drivers and station staff in getting the train out of the stations on time - some rocket into Athy, nearly screeching to a halt, people get on, the doors are closed (electric doors on the 07:37 from Athy now - WOOOT! ) and we belt onto Kildare.

However, some seem completely apathetic and the train crawls into the station from about 3 miles out, then (already running late!) they will happily sit and wait for every straggler they see running from the carparks! THIS IS REINFORCING THE BEHAVIOUR, FOLKS!!! I know it sounds mean, but if the train actually ran on time for a few days and left them behind, then they would surely learn to leave home in time to make it.

And don't get me started on the new Platform 8 departure of the 18:25 from Heuston....feels like Irish Rail are trying to just hide the chaos that is the ever-more-prevalent queue for this service.....

GAAAAAAAAH!!! I've taken trains in Europe and the US (international, inter-city, and commuter), and I've never experienced such poor punctuality abroad as I have here in Ireland.

Carlow-Athy Rail Users Group, anyone?

Last edited by Rusalka : 16-10-2007 at 20:21. Reason: grammatical error! :-)
Rusalka is offline   Reply With Quote