View Single Post
Unread 06-06-2007, 18:17   #7
Terrontress
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dermo88 View Post
You may not have any sympathy for these students, but do consider that my near pathological hatred of Dublin Bus comes from my school days. Building the confidence in use of reliable public transport starts from a young age. It will take a generation of reliable public transport to change that point of view that buses, trains, or anything under the CIE banner are nothing less than rubbish.

I hope anyone that has no sympathy for students remembers where they came from, and what life was like as a student doing their Junior/Leaving Cert.

Let me assure you, my fellow students and work colleagues felt the same way, and once Luas came to our area, we were happy never to set eyes on Dublin Bus for the rest of our lives. Because Luas and DART represented clean, efficient, reliable and trustworthy public transport.

Ah no, Students are fine, it is just the schoolkids who can get unruly. There was one young lad was threatening to punch a woman because he was messing, stood on her toe and she pushed him off.

He was saying he would hit her etc. and so I gave him a shove on the shoulder and he then started mouthing off at me, knew what his rights were etc. I then looked at his school badge and said I'd phone his school. Shut him right up.

A few days later, I saw him getting out of his father's car at Donabate station. He went white as a ghost when he saw me!
Terrontress is offline   Reply With Quote