View Single Post
Unread 14-11-2013, 09:44   #50
DundalkStudent
New to the board

Default Trains leaving late

You see quite a lot of people running up to the train at the last second and pushing the button for doors to open. The 2nd or 3rd openings per stop can add delays. Plus sometimes if a driver sees you running or at a turnstile they'll try to wait for you.

I don't want to give out about the above as it's saved my bacon a few times. Especially in contrast to the Enterprise when they don't care who you are or where you're going, departure time is departure time.

I'm not saying the first way is right and the 2nd way is wrong but we're not the British or the Germans, obsessed with punctuality as a culture. And (especially the British) angry when people can just show up late and swan on with special treatment. I don't see this as a bad thing. The understanding and compassion displayed by us as a culture is a very positive feature that I hope we don't lose.

Still, I got sick of the potential stress of running between dart and train so now I take an earlier dart to give myself extra time and aim to be at train station 10 mins before in the morning (actual = 5 min).
DundalkStudent is offline   Reply With Quote