View Single Post
Unread 03-12-2012, 16:27   #37
Thomas J Stamp
Chairman/Publicity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructix View Post
Talking to one of the staff in Colbert last week. He was saying they are sure the Ballybrophy to Roscrea side of the line will be mothballed soon.
the fact that they left the eveng departure from limerick as it is should tell you all you need to know. perhaps NRP will lobby on it, I will anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laoisfan View Post
The problem as I see it Mark is that nearly all the services are aimed towards Dublin, which I have no problem with in general. Vast majority of people commute towards there so fair enough.

However, look at Limerick, Cork as examples ( as I commute from Ballybrophy so I am biased ) and there is not one service which would get me down to either place for around 8:00-8:30am in the morning. I would even be willing to drive to either Templemore-Thurles for option to get train to Cork or Templemore-Thurles-Roscrea for Limerick train.

Edit. Commuters from Ballybrophy-Templemore-Thurles are ideally placed to commute to Limerick, Cork & Dublin.
There is a limerick railcar which does a commuter service in the morning from thurles. In theory it could be pulled back to BB or even Portlaoise. Not sure what the demand will be.

BTW, it is only in the last two weeks that Irish Rail have bothered to hand out posters to local shops here in Roscrea advertising the morning service and the prices. You couldnt make it up.