View Single Post
Unread 06-05-2016, 09:29   #4
James Shields

I understand the need for the closure of Luas between Jervis and the Point. However, the replacement bus service seems poorly planned.

Connolly Station and Busaras seem to be particularly poorly served by the replacement service, especially westbound where the nearest stops are Jury's Inn and Eden Quay, and I suspect for most people it will be as easy to walk to Jervis.

Would it not be possible to run the buses along the Luas red line tracks? I realise that it would probably be necessary to divert onto the quays to get around O'Connell Street and Marlborough street, however, it should be possible for the bus to start at the Jervis Luas stop, run down Liffey St to the quays, stop at Eden Quay as a replacement for the Abbey stop, and rejoin the Luas tracks at Beresford Place.

In the westerly direction it would probably be necessary to Loop around Busaras, turn back onto Memorial Road, cross over Talbot Bridge and along George's Quay and Burgh Quay before turning onto O'Connell Street, using one of the O'Connell St stops as a replacement for the Abbey Station. It could then rejoin the Luas tracks to Jervis.

I wonder if they considered something like this?
James Shields is offline   Reply With Quote